A Centre for Public Policy and Governance is devoted to Integrating Research with Advocacy for Policy Action. For realizing the developmental goals in the increasingly challenging post globalized world, the Centre will try to create informed public opinion, recommend policy and contribute to the ongoing discourses on good governance. Advocating a Substantivist Model of Democracy, wherein the public can truly become part of the Policy Cycle and the citizen becomes the main stakeholder of all targeted governmental programmes is critical. Therefore, the Centre provides an interdisciplinary platform for blending theory and empirical evidence for enhanced capacity building in governance and equip the lawmakers and policy makers, corporates and the voluntary sector. The knowledge and skill sets required to address the policy implementation and governance challenges of the Millennium along with highlighting innovations and best practices will be central to our mission.
Priority Areas of Policy Research & Advocacy for Action
- Health: Infrastructure, Access & Usage
- WASH: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene
- Education: School Sector
- Food Security: One Nation One Ration Scheme
- Poverty Alleviation: DBT Schemes.
- Financial Inclusion: Central and State Government schemes
- Women & Work: Schemes for increasing Female Labour Force Participation