The Challenge before us
We believe that real world issues require solution driven models of interdisciplinary action research which have the government, private & voluntary sectors, and involved citizens as stakeholders. Economic development with concurrent human development is a complex phenomenon and does not happen easily even with the most well intentioned public policies. Over the last quarter century, the rapid diffusion of technology, greater access to capital, and better quality of public service delivery have resulted in better levels of human development in India and elsewhere in the developing world and yet, there are challenges.
- Creating critical knowledge for impact on public policies.
- We create a team of researchers by giving them all facilities to conduct Social Action Research.
- We choose our researchable areas carefully where research results can lead to problem solutions with interwoven perspectives and expertise.
- We are a hub for innovative ideas, discussions and unconventional partnerships for Policy Advocacy.
- We integrate institutional perspectives in all our work to understand how public, market and community based institutions can support specific technological interventions and deliver public goods & services, raising existing levels of human development.
- To educate and inform the public with research based opinions.
Education & Training
- Policy Talks
- Workshops and Seminars
- Training of field research workers
- Short Term Courses on Public Policy
Database, Journal & Publications
- Data based Research Reports in different public policy sectors.
- To publish books on Public Policy and Governance.
- To publish newsletters and Occasional Policy Paper Series.
- To publish State of Governance Reports on Indian state governments.
CPP&G is looking for contributions, funding from potential donors for Policy Research & Action Projects (seed money, projects & CSR) and collaboration with other agencies in Policy Action.
Contact us for details on how you can help us achieve these aims.
The Centre for Public Policy & Governance is unit of Institute of Social Sciences
8, Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070