Prof. Rumki Basu
Head, Centre for Public Policy and Governance
Rumki Basu, is Head, Centre for Public Policy and Governance and Senior Fellow, in the Institute of Social Sciences, New Delhi. Formerly, she was Head & Professor of Public Administration in Jamia Millia Islamia (2005-2021). She was also the Director of the Centre for Jawaharlal Nehru Studies and the Sarojini Naidu Centre for Women’s Studies in Jamia. She has published 13 books, 26 articles and 18 book chapters on issues of Public Policy & Governance, International Organization, and the Political Economy of Development in India. She has presented papers in the World Congress of Political Science in Poznan (2016), Madrid (2012), Santiago (2009), Seoul (1997) and Berlin (1994) besides participating in International Workshops in South Asia and the Pacific Region. Her latest three books, Democracy and Public Policy in the Post Covid-19 World: Choices and Outcomes (2021), Public Administration in the 21st Century (2019) and Governance in South Asia (2017) have been published by Routledge, Francis and Taylor Group. She has received the Indian Council of Social Science Research Teacher Fellowship Award and the Bharat Jyoti Award in 2013 by the India International Friendship Society. She has also been a recipient of the Mary Hamilton Award - 2021 as recognition for the major contributions made to the field of International Public Administration by the American Society for Public Administration.
Dr. Sharmistha Aich
Lead Team Researcher
• Postdoc in Anthropology from Deccan College, Pune (May 2016-Oct 2021).
• Doctorate in Anthropology from Savitribai Phule Pune University (August 1999 Septembet 2007)
• Masters in Anthropology (M.Sc.) from Savitribai Phule Pune University (May 1996-May 1998).
• PGDEA (Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Administration) from SCDL (Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning) (Feb 2013-Feb2015).
• Bachelors in Zoology (B.Sc) from Fergusson College, Savitribai Phule, Pune University (June1993-June1996)
• B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) from Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak (July 2018-2021)
• Research Scholar working as Research Fellow in ISS (Institute of Social Science), New Delhi. (March 2020- till date).
• Research Scholar working as Research Assistant under the supervision of Dr. Stéphanie TAWA-LAMA,
• Researcher at CSH (Centre de Sciences Humaines, Antenne de l’Institut Français en Inde, IFI), in the framework of the research project “Electoral reforms in India – 1993-2023” This project is in collaboration with ISS (Nov 2021).
• Faculty of Biology from Knowledge Academy, New Delhi
• Guest Lecturer and Academic-In-charge from Pub Kamrup College, Guwahati, Assam (Oct 2013-March2015).
• Faculty of Biology from Angel Public School, Pathankot, Punjab (April 2020-March 2013).
• Research Consultant from BAIF (Bharatiya Agro Industries Foundation), Pune (Oct2001-August2002).
• Student Relation Officer (SRO) in APTECH (April2001-Sept2001).
• Srivastava S A 2013. Early Onset of type 2 Diabetes in Pune. ETHNO MED;7(2): 95-99 (2013). DELHI: KAMLA RAJ ENTERPRISES.
• Srivastava S A 2014. Socio-economic Status among Diabetes in Pune. ETHNO MED; 8(2): 197-204. DELHI: KAMLA RAJ ENTERPRISES.
• Srivastava S A. Familial Aggregation of Diabetes: A Study based on Patients and Controls in Pune. ASIAN PAC.J. HEALTH SCIENCE.’2014; 1(4): 443-447.
We acknowledge with gratitude our special thanks to Dr. Rama Rohini who has guided us throughout with her research and implementation experiences in national and international projects in the development sector for over three decades.
We want to also record our gratitude to Anshul Bhamra, Policy Manager at CDP India for helping us in our efforts to establish this Centre with her valuable knowledge, inputs and suggestions.